Chicken Marsala...Quick dinners Part 3 This is the final part in the quick dinners using chicken. This is yet another classic dish that you can prepare similarly to the other two recipes I posted, the Chicken Picatta and the Chicken Pomodoro. For this recipe you will be needing some mushrooms as an additional ingredient. Sort of like the lemon in the Chicken Picatta and the tomato in the Chicken Pomodoro. We happen to love mushrooms and this dish has plenty of mushroom flavor. It might pose a problem for those of you who do not like mushrooms....maybe you can substitute it with another vegetable, like asparagus? Would it work? It might...
Well, in case you like mushrooms, you will probably like this dish. I happened to use the cooking marsala wine...I can't seem to find the real thing. Ideally, chefs will use the real marsala wine. Either way, use what you prefer. Now, if you don't like to use wine, I think you can use chicken stock. Though, I think the name of the dish wouldn't be called Chicken Marsala, but rather Chicken with Mushroom Sauce:). I am sure it will still taste delicious. The technique is similar to the the other 2 recipes I posted. Hope you enjoy....
You will need:
4 chicken cutlets( I used 3)
2 TBS flour
1-2 TBS butter
2 TBS oil
2 cups mushrooms, sliced
3/4 cup marsala cooking wine
1/4 cup water
1/4 teaspoon rosemary
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
1-2 TBS butter or some cream
1. Pound chicken until thin.
2. Dredge chicken lightly on both sides with flour. Shake of excess. Get all your ingredients ready to make things go a bit smoother.
3. In large skillet, add chicken and cook through, 2 minutes on each side. Remove to platter.
4. In same skillet, melt some butter(if you have some oil from the chicken, you might want to either remove that oil and then add 2 TBS butter or add less butter and use the reserved oil) and saute mushrooms over medium heat until browned, about 10 minutes.
4. Stir in Marsala(or chicken stock, if using), rosemary and water. Add chicken and cook an additional 1-2 minutes on each side( or until cooked)
5. Remove chicken and place on serving platter.
6. To the reserved sauce and mushrooms, add 2 TBS butter( or you can use some cream for a smooth luxurious sauce). Add the parsley and just heat through.
7. Pour over chicken.