Chocolate Almond Butter Cookies with Chocolate Glaze. This cookie has a milder chocolate flavor... than say, the brownie cookie I posted earlier. But it still has plenty of chocolate flavor coming from all the chocolate- almond spread, chocolate chips, and chocolate glaze. It's a nice soft cookie....
While the original recipe uses Nutella, I chose to use a chocolate almond butter/spread...just because I had a jar in the house. I can only imagine the hazelnut flavor would be quite delicious. So feel free to use Nutella instead. Yet another cookie that can be made quickly...and varies the cookie platter up a bit:). So here is #4 in a series of desserts. Hope you enjoy...
You will need: adapted from Espresso and Cream
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup chocolate-almond butter/spread (or Nutella as per original)
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1-2 tsps. vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped almonds/hazelnuts, optional(I didn't use)
Additional melted chocolate, for glaze, optional
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy 4-5 minutes.
3. Add in the egg and beat until combined.
4. Beat in the chocolate-almond butter/spread or Nutella ... and the vanilla.
5. Whisk the baking soda, baking powder, salt, and flour.
6. Add the flour mixture to the chocolate butter mixture and mix just until combined.
7. Stir in the chocolate chips and chopped almonds/hazelnuts( if using) by hand. You can reserve some chocolate chips to place on top of the formed cookie dough...not necessary, though.
8. Scoop dough by large tablespoons(or use a 1 1/2 TBS cookie scoop)and form into balls.
9. Place cookie balls about 2 inches apart, on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 8 -10 minutes, until edges are crispy and center is still slightly soft.
10. Remove from oven and cool about 5 minutes on baking sheet. Drizzle with melted chocolate, if desired.