~ "By wisdom a house is built, and through understanding it is established; Through knowledge its rooms are filled with rare and beautiful treasures." ~ "Reckless words pierce like a sword, but the tongue of the wise brings healing" ~ "But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy." ~ "Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths."~

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Product Review...Denby James Martin Casserole Covered Dish

Product Review...Denby James Martin Casserole Covered Dish
This review is about a dish that I absolutely love! I have to admit that I thoroughly enjoy any of the Denby products. Our day-to-day dinnerware set is made by Denby... and we really, really like them. So when the very kind and generous folks at Denby sent me a James Martin Covered Medium Casserole Dish to try out, I knew it would be a pleasure cook with it and review it. Denby has teamed up with James Martin, a British chef, to offer a collection of various dishes, including the Medium Covered Casserole Dish, which I tested. Here is my review:

About the James Martin Denby Products:
Denby has recently created a porcelain collection that is inspired by restaurant dining. They have also teamed up with well known European chef, James Martin, to offer some wonderful oven-proof cookware products that can be used for a variety of dishes. Dishes such as coq au vin, ratatouille, beef burgundy, and many others can now be made in an easy-to-clean casserole dish. They come in a few different sizes. Some even come with lids, such as the covered casserole dish I tested. It is perfect for braised dishes which require a long and slow cooking process. It retains the moisture and heat very well... producing tender and flavorful dishes. The classic white color adds elegance and style to any home. I love the fact that all their products are sturdy enough to use from day to day and still look just as new after continuous handling. Denby cookware products can be used in the dishwasher, microwave, freezer and oven. The James Martin Casserole Dish has an easyclean™ surface that makes cleaning a breeze. It no longer becomes a chore, but something quite enjoyable. The special coating applied to each cookware releases baked-on food easily and any grease or stains. No more stubborn food stains! You can easily wash it by hand using just some soap, warm water and a soft cloth. And of course, you can place it in the dishwasher as well. In order to protect the coating, avoid any harsh abrasive utensil and scourers. Denby recommends using wooden or silicone utensils and a soft cloth to be able to keep your Denby product for many years.

How I tested the James Martin Covered Medium Casserole Dish:
I wanted to cook a dish that would take at least a couple of hours in the oven so that I would have some baked- on food. I wanted to see how well it would clean as well as how it fared in the oven at low and high heat. I also wanted to make a dish that required the use of the lid to cook the dish in a sealed manner. What better way than to test one of James Martin's recipes.


I decided to do his Traditional Lancashire Hotpot. It was a wonderful dish that we really enjoyed! Stay tuned for the recipe.... soon to be posted.

I loved the fact that I was able to pick up the dish from the extended corners. It made for easy handling, especially when the dish is hot and you have to remove the lid.

It was amazing to me how well the dish retains the heat, ensuring an optimum cooking performance. The lid kept the heat/moisture inside and the Lancashire Hotpot was wonderfully cooked. But I was even more impressed with the ability to just wipe away the baked-on food around the edge of the casserole dish. I was able to present it at the table looking lovely! That I really, really like.
I absolutely love the James Martin Covered Casserole Dish by Denby... it was a pleasure to use. I would highly recommend it.

2 comments:

Mary Bergfeld said...

Ellie thanks for the review. It is really helpful to any purchasing casserole dishes.

Ellie said...

Thank you Mary for stopping by...I really appreciate it. Glad you enjoyed the review. I love casserole dishes that are easy to clean:)... and this one is a winner.~Ellie