Stuffed Mushrooms...Since we love mushrooms, I decided to stuff them and try a new recipe. This is another recipe that I created on the spur of the moment. I happened to have some Cambozola cheese(soft blue cheese, brie) pecans , Parmesan cheese, bread and of course baby bella mushrooms. So this recipe is from things I had around the house. You can definitely use any cheese you like(I've used feta,mozzarella,cream cheese, swiss cheese before) and add any seasonings you like to make them your own(minced garlic,onion etc). This was my version. Hope you enjoy...
- 10-12 mushrooms ,stems removed ( I used baby bella...)
- 10-12 cambozola cheese cubes( or any cheese you like)
- 1 white sliced bread
- 8 pecan halves
- 1 TBS chives or more
- 2-3 TBS olive oil
- 2-3 TBS grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 375-400 deg F ( I used my toaster oven at 425)
1. Wash and dry mushrooms. Remove stems.
2. In a bowl, place mushrooms and toss with some olive oil and season with a bit of salt.
3. In a food processor, process bread pecans, chives, salt and pepper till almost fine consistency.
4. Pulse about 30 seconds or so.... and set aside.
5. Place mushrooms on a sheet pan and place about 1 small cube of cheese in the center.
6. Top with about 1 TBS of bread stuffing . Sprinkle with some grated Parmesan cheese.
7. Bake for 20 minutes or until nicely browned.