You will need:
- 1 lb ground meat
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 2-3 garlic cloves minced
- 1-2 TBS Taco seasoning ( I use McCormick)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups approx. shredded Cheddar cheese/Monterrey Jack/Mexican blend
- chips ( we like to use Doritos Toasted Corn)
- 2 jalapenos, thinly sliced
- olives, thinly sliced,
- sour cream
- green onions, thinly sliced
1. First grind your meat( or use store bought).
2. In a sauce pan or skillet, (on med/low heat) add onion and cook until soft. Add garlic and stir for 30 seconds. Add meat and cook until meat is no longer pink.
3. In small measuring cup, add water and seasoning. Mix well and add to meat. Turn heat to low.
4. Cook until all water has been absorbed into the meat. Stirring every so often so as not to burn. You want the meat to be sort of dry.
5. Take off heat, set aside and keep warm( reheat if needed).
6. In a baking dish, add chips in a layer. Sprinkle about 1 cup cheese add half of sliced jalapenos.
7. Repeat layer. Put dish in preheated 375 oven for approx. 7 minutes or until cheese has melted. Sprinkle meat (you may not need all of the meat) and toppings. Enjoy!